This Mercator special week (7 days on site!) brings you along the dramatic coast of Dakhla, through a variety of stunning desert landscapes and across an area particularly rich in fauna and flora. You will test your driving skills on the largest amount of different terrains, fall asleep under a starry sky, look for secretive animals and enjoy a selection of delicious local food. The programme (scroll past the picture for details) consists of one day along the Dakhla peninsula, five days with substantial desert driving and one free day to let you experience other sides of Dakhla or just relax on the beach. You will also sleep one night into the dunes and one at a field base in the heart of the Dakhla region. To join this programme, you need to be in Dakhla one day in advance. You can choose to fly to Dakhla and rent a car in town, or arrive by car (your own, or rented in the north of Morocco). Although we are not a travel agency and can not include these services in our package, we will be happy to advise on car rental and on booking your flight and hotel in Dakhla.
Discover the Programme
What to expect
- You will be driving about 1300 km on the tarmac and in the desert around Dakhla, across a range of different terrains.
- You will spend two nights camping in the desert and at a field base.
- You will receive logistic support during Days 1, 2, 3, 5, 6 and 7.
- Meals, Saharwi tea and water at meals when out in the desert/at field base are included.
- Tents, matrasses, sleeping bags, linens, pillows and towels for camping/at field base are included.
What not to expect
- This offer does not include services proper of a travel agency, such as but not limited to: car rental, hotel booking, purchase of flights. While we are at your disposal for advice, you will have to book/purchase these services on your own. Please ask us for any special accommodation deal we may have negotiated for Mercator guests!
- Fuel, car service and any other cost related to the car you will be driving will be under your own responsibility.
- Meals at the Oyster farm, in Dakhla or not consumed in the desert or at the field base are not included.
min. 4 people
max. 6 people
- Once confirmed by us, 335 € / person is to be paid as non-refundable deposit within 20 days.
- Balance of 145 € / person is to be paid latest 30 days before beginning of activities.
- Read Terms and Conditions carefully.